Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jan 2 Saturday – Return of the Internet

Today is the day! The phone rings and the park manager calls me (Vic) to the phone. Who would be calling for me? Telmex! The local techie asks a few questions and then says he is coming out to check the line. I tell him gently that the router is resetting on its own, and the line is OK. Regardless, he appears in 20 minutes and checks things out. He disconnected the phone line from the router and goes off to test the line somewhere. I am a little frustrated but I can’t stand in the way of his procedures. He returns later and reconnects the line. The router works for a short period of time before it resets again. Finally, he goes to his truck and returns with a new router. Now we have a stable router and can use the Internet without interruption. I have to tweak a couple of settings on the router to adjust the wireless side and everything is wonderful. The sun is shining. The Internet is working. What a great day!
 Our rig at Savage Trailer Park


 Jan & Dale, Walt & Carol rigs

 
Happy Hour Palapa




The beach looking south.


 
The beach looking north.

No comments:

Post a Comment